yuuOS - The Foxy Guy’s Operating System
.d88888b. .d8888b. d88P" "Y88bd88P Y88b 888 888Y88b. 888 888888 888888 888888 888 "Y888b. 888 888888 888888 888888 888 "Y88b. 888 888888 888888 888888 888 "888 Y88b 888Y88b 888Y88b 888Y88b. .d88PY88b d88P "Y88888 "Y88888 "Y88888 "Y88888P" "Y8888P" 888 Y8b d88P The foxy guy's OS "Y88P"
Hey there! Welcome to my little hut in GitHub, where I host code and releases for my operating system, yuuOS.
The name choice it’s quite obvious. I didn’t want to put any fancy name on it, just a bit of my username.
What Is It?
It’s a hobby operating system for x86 computers (x86_64 in the future, maybe) written in C.
It’s in its primitive releases, as you can see in the screenshot below. There’s a user shell with 2 or 3 usable commands so far. It can allocate memory.
Future Goals (Probably)
Some of these goals won’t even be achieved, I think.
- Create logging and debugging routines.
- Create file system management (namely FAT32, NTFS, ext2/3/4 and others).
- Create system utilities and integrate RTC from BIOS.
- Create drivers and kernel modules for audio, video (SVGA and beyond, with 16, 24 or 32-bit colors), networking and USB.
- Create GUI with font and image support.
- Create software and port a Python interpreter.
- Create environment for software portability from other operating systems.
Here, I’d like to leave some special thanks to:
- cfenollosa and his OS tutorial. It helped me a lot with the structuring and setup.
- the people at OSDev Wiki
- PurrTech! Telegram Group. You guys are awesome!
- mom and (maybe) dad
- and, last but not least, YOU, user!